Files like images and video clips are an integral part of the wiki.
They improve the visual impact of the article and can help readers to visualize what you are saying.
You must be logged in to upload files.
Make sure you have the image stored on your computer.
Check the folder that the image is in.
It is good practise to name the file with a memorable name so it is easier to find in the folder.
There are a few different methods you can use to upload files.
The easiest method of inserting an image is directly via the editor.
- Click "Edit" on the article you are adding the image to.
- Click on the Photo button on the toolbar on the right hand side of the screen.
- When the pop-up box appears, you can upload an image from your computer.
- Click Choose File.
- Another pop-up box will appear.
- Navigate to the image you want to upload
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to customize the image's size (thumbnail or fullsize) and alignment (left or right)You can also provide a caption if desired.
- Click "Add photo" for the image to appear on the edit page. Images can still be modified in edit mode by hovering over the image and clicking "Modify" in the top corner of the image, the Upload Photo window will re-appear.
Click Publish and you now have a picture on the page!
An alternative method to upload images is using the contribute button.
- Click the Contribute button.
- A dropdown menu appears.
- Click Add a Photo.
- Follow procedure above.
Creating a new pageEdit
If you choose to use the Standard Layout when creating a new page there is a facility for adding a photo in the template. Simply click on the box and follow the procedure above.
If you don't have access to your images or have not yet uploaded them, you can reserve a place on your page to add them later. This is called the "Placeholder".
- To mark a place where an image will be added in the future you can add a placeholder.
- Select the position in the article where you want to add the image.
- Add the placeholder by typing
- When you are ready to add your image click the "Add a photo" button in the center of the placeholder to open the image addition tool.
- Follow above procedure